MIn this article we have featured BuddyPress Vs BuddyBoss, WordPress is one of the most significant tools for the web. It is a safe platform where users can publish websites and grow their business.
You have probably heard of the two most powerful tools, BuddyPress and BuddyBoss if you are in the WordPress community. These social networking plugins are essential for optimizing traffic to your website.
Plugins allow you to add specific functions to your website. You don’t need to build a community platform from scratch if you use any of these plugins.
And you can save a lot of your time and energy from it. Both BuddyPress and BuddyBoss are amazing tools that can help you engage directly with users.
But if we compare these two plugins, which one will win? In this article, we are going to compare BuddyPress and BuddyBoss in detail. Then you can decide what is the best option for you to invest in.
BuddyPress Vs BuddyBoss: What is the difference?
Although BuddyPress and BuddyBoss are both plugins, they differ from each other in some aspects. BuddyPress focuses on offering basic community features just like Facebook.
If you want more advanced features then you need an additional plugin. You also need to look for a separate theme compatible with BuddyPress.
On the other hand, BuddyBoss focuses on providing everything, including a plugin, theme, and app. And the best thing about them is that they all are 100% integrated.
BuddyPress Vs BuddyBoss: Which is better?
- BuddyPress Plugin- BuddyPress is an open-source social networking software that helps users to build communities inside WordPress.
- BuddyBoss Plugin- BuddyBoss is an open-source social networking software that allows users to launch and scale their online business. It provides flexibility and control to manage their business.
Let’s compare the characteristics of BuddyPress and BuddyBoss in the following table-
|Essential Features||It provides various useful features including profile fields, social groups, activity feeds, multisite support, private messaging feature, and member connections.||It provides more features like photo attachment and document attachment feature, private networks, built-in demo data, forum-based discussions. Additional built-in fields, and comprehensive search.|
|Customer Support||It has excellent customer support. You don’t have to wait for your queries to be solved.||You can get help from the support staff by submitting a ticket.|
|Ease Of Use||Its interface is complicated and not suitable for a beginner. It will only take 20 minutes to set up a BuddyPress website.||It has a straightforward user interface. Any beginner can set up a BuddyBoss website easily.|
|Pricing Structure||BuddyPress offers free services.||BuddyBoss has three pricing plans that start from $228 to $328.|
Comparison Between BuddyPress And BuddyBoss
1. BuddyPress Vs BuddyBoss: Essential Features
BuddyPress- BuddyPress provides all the significant features including profile fields, multisite support, social groups, private messaging feature, activity feeds, and member connections.
BuddyBoss- BuddyBoss provides more advanced features than BuddyPress. It includes a photo attachment feature and document attachment feature, a document library, built-in demo data, forum-based discussions, and a documentation section with video tutorials.
Which is the winner?
In this category, BuddyBoss is the winner as it offers more additional features than BuddyPress.
2. BuddyPress Vs BuddyBoss: Customer Support
BuddyPress- BuddyPress provides great customer support service. It has an open-source community that answers your questions.
BuddyBoss- BuddyBoss provides customer support through a help desk. You have to first submit a ticket to get help from the supply staff.
Which is the winner?
The customer support services of both tools are quite efficient. So, in this case, we can say both are the winners.
3. BuddyPress Vs BuddyBoss: Ease Of Use
BuddyPress- BuddyPress has a complicated user interface. Only developers can use it for creating websites. It helps users to build their social network with features they need and also use add-ons or themes of their choice.
BuddyBoss- BuddyBoss offers a straightforward user interface. You can easily set up your website using BuddyBoss. It provides ready-to-use plugins and themes. So, you don’t need to customize anything manually. This platform is easy to use and manage.
Which is the winner?
BuddyBoss comes with an easy-to-use interface and anyone can use this platform. On the contrary, BuddyPress is more complicated for beginners. You can face problems like out-of-date add-ons, or the add-ons may also conflict with each other. It takes 20 minutes to set up a BuddyPress website while only a few minutes to set up a BuddyBoss website. So, BuddyBoss is the winner.
4. BuddyPress Vs BuddyBoss: Pricing Structure
BuddyPress- BuddyPress is free of cost. You can easily download and install it without paying any money.
BuddyBoss- BuddyBoss consists of three pricing plans, 1 site license plan, 5 sites license plan, and 10 sites license plan. The 1 site license plan costs $228, 5 sites license costs $288, and 10 sites license plan costs $328.
Which is the winner?
From the above information, it is clear that BuddyPress is the winner. It is better than BuddyBoss because it is free of cost.
As we have done a detailed comparison of BuddyPress and BuddyBoss, we are now going to discuss the pros and cons of each software. In this way, you will be able to recognize which software is suitable for you.
Pros And Cons: BuddyPress Vs BuddyBoss
- BuddyPress is a flexible and powerful tool. It also supports third-party extensions which is a very useful feature.
- BuddyPress is completely free of cost. You don’t need to pay a single penny for building your website.
- It offers excellent profile management. You can set up your profile and also control its visibility.
- You can easily modify your website without any problems or difficulties because it is open source.
- BuddyPress is a high-quality platform. The developers of BuddyPress have done a great job in maintaining its reputation.
- The community support of BuddyPress is quite effective in resolving your issues.
- It also offers a private messaging feature so that users can converse privately with other outside groups.
- BuddyPress has a complicated interface. So, it is difficult for a beginner to use it.
- The development of the platform is slower than others.
- It has basic features and is considered quite incompetent.
- The poll option is not offered by BuddyPress yet.
- Some plugins are not updated often.
- In BuddyPress, add-ons are not always compatible with other plugins.
- BuddyBoss has a solution for the advanced version of all the plug-ins and defects that other plug-ins are facing.
- BuddyBoss works efficiently with the themes that are downloaded from other plug-in sources. You won’t face any issues regarding the adaptability to foreign material.
- The pricing plan of BuddyBoss is affordable. The minimum pricing plan for one site is $228.
- It is an easy platform where you can develop your WordPress without any issues or difficulties.
- BuddyBoss provides the best customer support services as you can get your problems resolved within 24 hours.
- It is ranked as the top plug-in leaving all the plug-ins behind. It not only offers more features but also has a knowledgeable support team. It is evolving day by day.
- Only negative and dark thematic versions can be adapted as BuddyBoss lacks various versions.
- BuddyBoss should improve in its collaboration with Elementor.
- The best plan offered by them is quite expensive. The cost of the plan is around 20,000.
BuddyPress VS BuddyBoss: Which one should you opt for?
Although both BuddyPress and BuddyBoss are useful social network plugins, you have to choose the better one.
From the above comparison, we can say that BuddyBoss is more effective software than BuddyPress. BuddyBoss is the overall winner because it provides a great interface along with many advanced features. So, you should always opt for BuddyBoss to create a website for your online business.